Sunday, June 28, 2009

Back in the heartland

So after a week of this:



And this:


And lots of this:


We had to do this:
The week was a blast and lots of memories were made to last us the next long nine months. I hated to leave, but Nate and the kids are doing great, are healthy and happy, so there's not much more I can ask for. They are off on a summer of adventure with an opportunity to see family and friends, which never would have been possible if I wasn't leaving for so long. After meeting up with the rest of my team here in Indiana, I am off soon for Afghanistan. It is an odd feeling: a small amount of fear of the unknown mixed with a lot of excitement and a readiness to get this mission started, so the clock can start for our return home. I promise more to come as we get settled and I learn more about our mission, roles and responsibilities.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe how big the kids are!

    Looking forward to the next installment...

    ReplyDelete